The multicultural communities of New Zealand have come together and contributed toward putting an 8 point proviso together to guide politicians and incoming Government. The proviso provides expectations for the incoming Government, and a benchmark for recent migrants and former refugees to measure the achievements of the current Government during their term in office, including:
1. Establishment of an independent Ministry for Ethnic Communities.
2. Changes to legislation and regulation to prevent hate speech and crimes.
3. A Treaty-based approach to cultural cohesion.
4. Establishment of an independent governing body for religious matters.
5. Changes to immigration policy.
6. A Public Holidays Act.
7. Changes to education policy.
8. An equitable health system.