Anzac 2019 - Dawn Service
Race relations 2019 debate
Chinese New Year 2019
President speech at vigil
wellington airport award
Winner – Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards 2018
International Students NOHO
Interview with Radio New Zealand –
President Pancha Narayan’s interview with Radio New Zealand on race relations Day 2019
The Upper Hutt Multicultural Council is a non-profit organisation established in 2006 to promote cultural diversity in our local community. Though we’re not government-run and are not politically aligned, we operate with the full support of the Upper Hutt Mayor Wayne Guppy, as well as the MPs for Rimutaka Paul Swain and Chris Hipkins.
Our aim is to encourage vibrant cultural communities in Upper Hutt by strengthening social ties, raising awareness about cultural issues, and supporting new migrants and minority ethnicities.
What We Do
Each year we coordinate and sponsor numerous community initiatives, including:
- Hosting the annual Upper Hutt Multi-Ethnic Soccer Tournament
- Organising the annual Upper Hutt Multicultural Festival
- Running a women’s self-defence course
- Running a professional speech development course
- Supporting the Hutt Valley Newcomers Network and Hutt Valley Settling In Project
- Supporting E Tu and community safety projects in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Development and the Police
You can get involved in our latest projects and events, which are listed on the left side of this page, and are also advertised in the Upper Hutt Leader.
To join the Multicultural Council and help us with the work we do, leave your details here and we will get in touch with you!